You probably have a LinkedIn profile, but do you know what to do with it?
Did you know that over 65 million business professionals have profiles on LinkedIn? If you are looking for a place where you can connect with potential financial or insurance clients or referral partners online, then LinkedIn is a great option to consider. People join this social media site because they are interested in networking and business opportunities.
Perfect Your Profile
It can feel uncomfortable for some people to share business information with their warm market. But, there are a few strategies that you can use to connect with people who are interested in the products and services that you are offering.
As you learn more about LinkedIn marketing, you will see that this strategy doesn’t have to be “salesy.” Instead, you are sharing information that is interesting and helpful to the people in your network. Building these relationships can help you to form bonds that can lead to business opportunities down the road.
Make sure that your LinkedIn profile highlights your skills as well as the products that you are offering. This profile is your opportunity to set the right impression for the people who are viewing your information. Create a profile page that is catchy and interesting, so that your network is intrigued to know more.
If you choose a more passive approach to LinkedIn, it means having a profile that naturally attracts people to your products and services. Add keyword phrases on your profile page. Highlight information that might draw people in if your profile shows up in the search results. This passive approach relies on people organically finding you if/when they have an interest in your products or services.
Be an Active Participant
An even better strategy is to be more proactive on LinkedIn, which means taking steps to put yourself in front of a larger LinkedIn audience. Consider these techniques:
- Share interesting status updates. Perhaps mention an interesting case or scenario that would be common for people in your target demographic.
- Spend some money on paid advertising. This is a pretty inexpensive way to get in front of new potential prospects.
- Join the discussions in local groups. Joining groups related to your field and contributing to those groups shows leadership and knowledge within your industry and builds your credibility.
- Send private messages to people in your network. Don’t spam people, but reach out to those with whom you have something in common or where the connection could be mutually beneficial.
- Try the features available from an upgraded membership. This gives you added features and the opportunity to connect with more people.
Sharing high-quality information is one of the best ways that you can establish authority on LinkedIn. Do you have questions about promoting your business through social media? Talk to our experts.