Every Financial and Insurance professional needs a consistent source of new leads and many are beginning to explore options for generating these leads online. While results do tend to vary, there is one critical step required for ANY advisor with a desire for online leads.
That critical step is… Building Credibility
Without establishing a significant level of credibility, you’ll be lucky to add anyone to your list, let alone convert them into a new client.
Building credibility, whether it is online or “off” line, requires time and effort. It won’t happen overnight, not will it happen without disciplined intention.
5 Ways You Can Build Credibility Online
As you are publishing content online, you need to establish yourself as the authority in the industry to build a relationship with your audience. Here are five strategies that can be used to help you stand out as a trusted service provider:
- Educational Videos: Share video content with interesting tips, advice, or information catered to your audience. Limit the videos to 1 – 2 minutes so that you can keep their attention until the end. These videos can be published in multiple places, including YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Whitepapers or E-Books: These tools are often used to build email lists and teach people about your industry. Select topics that will grab the attention of your target demographic. Make sure that they receive valuable information in the e-book.
- Blogging: Not only will blogging bring customers back to your website, but it is also a way that you can build your authority in the search engines. High-quality blog content will help your audience see that you are managing your website proactively.
- Webinars: Sometimes, a webinar conversation is the best way to share information. These webinars allow you to interact with your target audience. As a result, you will build a solid relationship with your customers.
- Online Networking: If you are sharing information online, then you need to actually “network” to maximize your efforts. Share your thoughts and comment on other people’s content. Also, look for ways that you can interact with people in the industry.
These efforts might start small, but it is amazing to see how much your online presence will grow over the years. Consistent publishing will help you become an authority in the industry and build that important credibility that is required to attract new leads to your business.
Are you interested in learning more? Talk to us at The Digital Advisor. We are here to help!