The New Year serves as a time for change and resolutions. Most of us set goals for our personal lives, but what about your business? Perhaps this is the year that you should commit yourself to a powerful social media strategy.
Of course, making the resolution is only the first step. How will you actually ace your social media campaign? Follow these steps to get started.
Ask the right questions. You don’t want to waste time and effort on too many “experiments”. Asking yourself a few questions will help you put together an effective strategy from the start (although you will probably still tweak it from time to time, as you learn what works best).
- Who is my target audience?
- What type of information do they want?
- Which social media platforms appeal to them? (Where are they?)
- What kind of content will they consume? (articles, videos, emails, images, etc…)
Choose the correct social media platforms. After answer the above questions, you might suspect that one or two social media platforms, in particular, are best suited to your audience. The ideal channels should also be a good fit for your business, and be well suited to the type of content you will be posting. The should also be platforms that your target audience commonly uses.
Define your social media goals. You know that social media can provide powerful tools for your business, and that most successful businesses maintain an online presence these days. But beyond that, why are you starting a social media campaign?
It’s easier to reach goals that are clearly defined, so ask yourself exactly what you intend to accomplish on social media. Some common goals are:
- Establishing a brand identity
- Growing awareness of your brand
- Lead generation
- Interacting with prospective and current clients
- Providing customer service
Plan your social media strategy. At this point, you have gained a solid understanding of your intentions. Now you can create a social media strategy to match those goals. Map out your strategy by considering the following:
- Will you post blogs, videos, pictures, or a mix of content? Different forms of media appeal to different audiences.
- How will you boost engagement -contests, creating polls, offering free demonstrations or seminars?
- Create a posting schedule. This commitment will help you create a consistent and reliable social media presence.
- Make sure to link back to your website regularly.
- Learn how to use the analytic tools in the back end of your social media page. These will tell you which posts are most appreciated by your audience, so that you can create more of the right content.
Seek assistance. Social media marketing is growing in popularity, but running a successful campaign can still feel complicated to a beginner. If you need help answering the above questions and customizing an appropriate strategy for your business, contact us for more information. We can help you determine your needs, identify your target audience, and create the right content to engage your prospective clientele.